PEST CONTROL DONE RIGHT
Pest Control FAQs
East Texas is home to a variety of pests that can invade both households and businesses. Some of the most common pests in this region include:
- Termites: These insects are a major problem in East Texas, as they can cause extensive damage to wooden structures.
- Ants: Many species of ants are found in this region, including fire ants, carpenter ants, and pharaoh ants, which can cause damage and contaminate food.
- Cockroaches: These pests are commonly found in homes and businesses and can spread diseases and cause allergies.
- Mosquitoes: East Texas is known for its humid and warm climate, which is ideal for mosquitoes. These pests can transmit diseases like West Nile virus and Zika virus.
- Spiders: Several species of spiders can be found in East Texas, including black widows and brown recluses, which can be dangerous to humans.
- Rodents: Rats and mice are common pests in this region, and they can cause damage to structures and transmit diseases.
- Fleas and ticks: These pests can be a nuisance for pets and humans alike, and they can transmit diseases like Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
It’s important to take preventative measures to keep these pests out of homes and businesses in East Texas, including sealing cracks and crevices, removing sources of standing water, and keeping food stored in tightly sealed containers. If you have a pest problem, it’s best to consult with a licensed pest control professional who can help identify and eliminate the problem. At Select Pest Control Services, we provide pest control for Tyler, TX and it’s surrounding areas.
Contact us today to for a quote on services!
It is sometimes hard to remember that pests are not invading your home or business just to be annoying. Most bugs only come inside when their outside environment becomes less hospitable, such as when the hot summer sun dries out the earth or when heavy rains or cold winter conditions become threatening to their survival. Rats and mice especially seek warmth and comfort in the winter time. They seek refuge as well as food and nesting materials, which are abundance in residential and commercial kitchens. As clean as your home or business is, it is not safe from pests seeking a warm and well stocked refuge.
Unwanted pests living in your home or business may not be noticed right away, but will invariably leave evidence of their presence at some point. Different pests leave different clues, but the most common clues to look for are droppings from mice and rats, wood shaving and holes in your walls from termites, and cockroach nests in secluded areas such as behind cabinets, baseboards and in cracks behind sinks, water heaters or door frames.
Bed bugs are hitchhikers. This means that someone brought them back to your house from an outside source. This can be a visitor or a family member, or even one of your pets back from a visit to the vet. Bed bugs may sound funny when mentioned in the popular bed time parting ritual, but in reality, they are a very real and threatening nuisance to you and your family. If you suspect you have bed bugs (as can be evidenced by tiny, red bites on your body), do not delay and call Select Pest Control Services today. This is not only for your own safety and health, but that of any friend or family member you might visit in the future.
Select Pest Control Services is happy to work with you to take care of your pest infestation problem according to your budget. Our pest control specialists believe that no one should have to live with the threat and stress of harboring pests of any kind in their home or business, so our pest control specialists will do our very best to find a way to help you get rid of your pests without breaking the bank.
Select Pest Control Services only uses products that are safe to humans, pets and the environment, which result in superior pest control results using fewer chemicals.